Disclaimer:

All my posts are for Entertainment purposes only... Not responsible for any feelings hurt, any one offended, or any relationships that may be permanently damaged because of one of my posts. - RB$

Blog Archive

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Hip Hop is Dead... But Who Killed It?



Common said it best: “Man, anybody can rap nowadays!” For every lyrically gifted MC like Kanye West, there are a million Soulja Boys, Ja Rules, and 50 Cents who damage hip-hop’s reputation with their inane lyrics and non-cleverly recycled beats."

 In the early days Hip Hop was not all about the money. It wasn't even all about the music... It was about culture and real life experiences. In Today's "Hip Hop" that has definitely been lost. Today's Hip Hop is more about bling bling materilism, Taking old dance moves and putting a catchy beat to it (Lets be serious, None of these are original), Adolescent sex songs, and Being "gangsta" even though they live in mansions and havent been to the hood in years.

There seems to not be any uplifting messages that were found in early day Hip-Hop. For instance the late great Notorious BIG had a song called Juicy which was about how life hustling in the hood really is.

"Yeah, this album is dedicated to all the teachers that told me
I'd never amount to nothin', to all the people that lived above the
buildings that I was hustlin' in front of that called the police on
me when I was just tryin' to make some money to feed my daughters,
and all the niggaz in the struggle, you know what I'm sayin'?"


Not saying there arent any real Hip-Hop artists left, as there are many good artists out there, but when Soulja Boy Tell em (or whatever he calls him self, lol) sells more albums than Nas something is seriously wrong. And I dont blame Soulja Boy for this... Although im not a fan of his at all (Yahhh was literally the worse song I ever heard in my life, #RealTalk) he does make a good point. 

"I got a question why they hatin' on me
I ain't did nothing to 'em but count this money
And put my team on and now my hold click stunny"


This is what people are spending there money on. I mean hey, doing it for the love of the music is good and all but it doesnt pay the bills, so Hip Hop is dead because of the fans. Lupe Fiasco is one of the best artists out there right now, but I bet if I take a poll over 75% of people cant name 3 of his songs (Bet they could teach me how to Dougie tho, lol) 


In closing Hip Hop is dead... and The killer isnt Soulja Boy, The South, George Bush, or the Taliban.... Its The Consumers.... As long as we accept mediocraticity lyrics, recycled beats, and lame dances to be the face of Hip Hop todays greats such as Jay Z, Nas, Kanye West and others will slowly fade in the background...




Agree? Disagree? Dont Care? pls give me your feedback... Warning I will respond to each comment, and am not responsible for any feelings that might get hurt....lol - RB$™

No comments:

Post a Comment