Disclaimer:

All my posts are for Entertainment purposes only... Not responsible for any feelings hurt, any one offended, or any relationships that may be permanently damaged because of one of my posts. - RB$

Blog Archive

Monday, November 8, 2010

Keys to a Job Interview...

The key to making a job interview a success is to not treat it as an interview. The interview shouldn't seem like a lecture with them doing all the talking, or like a simple question-Answer section. It should be more of a conversational manner. This means do your research, and talk to them as an actual person, not someone rich guy/girl. Show that you have some kind of personality. Just about every company has a website which makes researching the company that much easier. Literally memorize what the company does, and the company's mission statement. This will show them that you actually care about where you work, and are not just settling for whoever calls you back first.

Google questions that they will probably ask at the interview and prepare answers before hand. Each answer should show what you can offer the company, and what you will get from the company in return. For example...
Question: What is your biggest weakness?
Wrong thing to Say: "Im an over achiever, and work too hard" (Yea Right, their not that stupid) lol
Right thing to Say: (Dont steal my answer now, lol) "My biggest strength is also my biggest weakness believe it or not. When I do a job I like it to be perfect. I pay very close attention to every single detail, to make sure that it is being done the best way possible. Its just the way I was raised. My favorite quote is "If your gonna do something do it right or dont do it at all". With my quest to be complete an assignment without flaws, sometimes cause me to take a little bit more time than desired. This is something that past employers have brought to my attention, and I am working on this. I am better pacing myself, and working at a rapid pace while not giving up the quality of the work"

Question: Why do you want to work here?
Stupid thing to Say: "Because I need money" (lol)
Right Thing to Say: "At this point in my career I am looking for a job that I will enjoy doing. I am looking for a very friendly working staff that I will fit into. I truly believe that the best work is done when someone is motivated to do it. Anyone can just get a job just to make a little money on the side, but I want a job that I will gain even more organizational skills that will help me prosper and become even more successful if the times come where I move on from this company."

While this may not seem like the complete truth in your eyes, they dont know that and who can say no to a well thought out educated answer. lol

Also always make sure to ask them questions. The easiest ones to ask are:

"How did you get started with this business" - This will get them all excited as they love to talk about themselves, just try to act like you actually interested, lol


"What are the day to day duties of this job" - If your going to be working anywhere, you might want to know the answer to this. 


"How often are opportunities for promotions inside the company offered" - This shows them that you dont just plan to get a couple pay checks and leave (even if you intend to) and that you are really there to help the company grow)


The hardest part about getting a job is getting called for the actual job interview. If you prepare, and take it seriously you should get a job offer for every job which you interview for...





Agree? Disagree? Dont Care? pls give me your feedback... Warning I will respond to each comment, and am not responsible for any feelings that might get hurt....lol - RB$™

No comments:

Post a Comment